Monday, October 11, 2010


On Saturday, 10-9-10, RV12 N399FP had her maiden flight!









She flew very well. I transitioned using a high-wing CTLS S-LSA and the RV12 is easier to land and takeoff. The plane feels solid and controlling it requires just fingertips on the joy stick.

I have 12 takeoffs and landings so far. The next task is flying off the required FAA test hours and filling out the production acceptance procedures that Van's requests. This will require a lot of flying incorporating all of the maneuvers that the aircraft is safely capable of.

After the conclusion of that, I will be free to travel anywhere and carry another person. Now some have asked me if I would take my little dog, Loocie, with me but she means too much to me to risk it. I'll take anyone else though.

My other goal is to paint it in time for Oshkosh next summer.

This photo is known as the "RV Grin".



Thanks for viewing my blog.

Frank

No comments: