Tuesday, September 23, 2008


Based upon the recommendation of Vans plans book, I ordered a boat load of tools necessary to build my airplane. I started with a spreadsheet and listed all of the tools supplied by three vendors. I was looking for quality, application and cost comparisons. The results indicated that Avery Tools was the best choice with Cleaveland Tools a close second. I ordered everything except the rivet squeezer from Avery. Cleavland supplied the squeezer. Why? I thought it looked the coolest.

I always appreciated tools and it was only later in life that I was able to purchase quality tools rather than affordable ones.
A good craftsman can make a good product with an inferior tool but a poor craftsman will make inferior parts with good tools.
I hope to improve my skills to be worthy of my tools and to build a most excellent airplane.

No comments: